Saturday 22 August 2009

What a week!

What a week indeed! Work has kind of taken over this week - we had to move offices and boy was it hard work! Way harder than I thought it would be - both physically and mentally. I'm just glad we had fantastic removal men to help us out for 2 days! So, here is my new desk - I now share an office with 4 ladies, I used to share with 1 other lady who only worked part-time so it will seem odd to me being back in an office that will always have somebody else in it other than me! (Neat freak is already viewable - I've only been in the new office for 2 days!)

So needless to say not much crafting has taken place this week - I've come home each night from work exhausted. I managed to craft for an hour or so earlier, but I have lost my energy again! I've decided to make a little something for all of my work colleagues who have moved to my new building with me - 6 (lovely) ladies in total. I've made a start on 1 gift and will make the rest tomorrow hopefully.

They are little post-it note holders and a little bag of sweeties. The scalloped circle on the sweets will have a little message from me on them. This set is for my manager, Sally.

Post-it note holder recipe:
Card stock and paper - SU!
Ribbon - From my stash, probably hobbycraft
Other - 1 3/8" circle and scallop circle punches

Sweet bag recipe:
Clear Bag - SU!
Peg - From a £1 store or somewhere like that!
Paper (to cover peg) - SU!
Button - Doodlebug (linen thread - SU!)

Well I'm off for an afternoon nap now, then over to my friends for an xfactor gathering!! Hopefully next week will be a bit more settled at work so I can crack on with the 15 baby announcements and all of the other ideas I have in my head!

Thanks for looking and for any comments you may leave. Until next time.....

1 comment:

  1. These items are fab Gemma. Love the post it note holder and little peg! I know the feeling, work has been stressful for me lately too! We moved wards, now I have to move again twice!!! Crafting has been taking my mind off it when I'm not there! We will have to get together again soon.

    Katrina xx

    ReplyDelete