Thursday 28 May 2009

From the desk of..with a twist

So this is my newest creation - and I am quite proud of it if I say so myself! Hehe! It was the present I made over the bank holiday weekend for my boss Sally. I'm pleased to say she liked it too!

I bought a template from Papertrey Ink designed by Lauren Meader called 'from the desk of', I've mentioned before how much I love Lauren's work and the templates are no different. This is the first template I've bought and I will definitely be buying more in the future. Although my poor boyfriend had a bit of a lengthy process with paypal (down to having a new bank card to register) and our printer is not well so it took him quite a while to get the file downloaded for me and the template printed! Oops! Sorry Matt, thank you very much though for sorting it :D The idea of the creation came from Lauren's blog - I can't take credit I'm afraid!

I took the photo's using my lovely new photo tent again. I still need to get used to using it but if you click on the pictures to make them bigger hopefully you'll see that they are quite clear.

This photo shows the whole creation. It is a kitchen tidy, with various things in each divider.

This photo is a close up of the one side, which holds a co-ordinating notepad, pencils and spice jars. (The 3 jars fit perfectly in the space - I was amazed! The jars are from Ikea.)

The final photo shows the other side which holds 2 recipe books (bought from local bookshops) and a recipe card storage holder. I made dividers to split the cards into Starters, Main Courses and Desserts. Papertrey Ink sell recipe cards but I don't have them so I simply bought index cards from Tesco instead - it works the same! I also decorated 2 pegs with matching paper and buttons.

The paper used is from doodlebug, the tree stamp is by imaginisce and the senitment is from SU. The card used to make the holder is from hobbycraft - no idea which company it's from. Other bits are from my stash.

I'm off to rest for the remainder of the evening. I've not been feeling too well of late and I've been prodded and poked by the doctor today, so I need to put my feet up (and watch Britain's Got Talent! Hehe!)

Until next time....

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous Gemma, this and your sationary boxes are lovely, they are such personal and thoughtful gifts. Must be alot of work involved though! I'll have to get round to having a go at one of those templates.
    Katrina xx

    ReplyDelete