Saturday 14 March 2009

Calligraphy

Today I went to a day school to learn how to do some calligraphy. It was through Warwick University and the Centre for Lifelong Learning (CLL) and their Open Studies courses. I work for CLL so here is a shameless plug for the summer brochure - click here!

I had a great day although have to admit that as I'm a lefty I found it hard, as the angle the pen needs to be held is quite awkward. So much easier for right-handers! So, next on my shopping list is an oblique nib so that I can write better - but at least I learnt some of the basics for italic letters.

In the next few days I'll upload some pictures of what I achieved, Matt has borrowed my camera so I can't show you today.

I'm hoping to get some more paper crafting done tomorrow so I'll upload my creations (if anything works) too!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment