Thursday 8 April 2010

Sewing Bug

On Good Friday Katrina and my Mum came to my house for a sewing day. My Mum is an amazing sewer and was kind enough to offer giving up her day to teach me and Katrina just how to sew! She set 2 projects - a door stop and a cushion.

We had to have a lot of help with the doorstop as it was very fiddly! But great fun all the same! I can't bring myself to put it on the floor permanently, so its going to live on a shelf in my kitchen! Hehe!

On a different note I forgot to share a picture of the Easter gifts I made this year - these were for my 2 best friends and my boyfriend. They all love Reese's cups and I had a bag left over from my trip to New York in December, so I thought I'd make good use of them!

I also made some gifts for Matt's family and the ladies at work, but I forgot to take a photo on my camera of them and now I can't share what they looked like! Hehe!

I hope many of you got to see some sun like we did in Coventry today, it was hard to get motivated in the office at work when outside all you can see if a lovely blue sky! (I also sit by a huge window so I easily get lost just staring at the trees around me!)

I'll be back soon to share with you the sewing projects I made whilst sewing solo - good fun but scary! I need a lot more practice! Until next time..........

2 comments:

  1. They are so lovely!! Katrina was telling me about it the other day, she is going to teach me to make the cushion one day!!
    Will look forwards to seeing more sewing creations from you in the future!
    Hugs
    Grace
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a great day didn't we, look forward to doing it again soon, these look great! Big thanks to you for having me over and your mum for all her help, patience and expertise. I like the Easter treats too, fab idea, Reeses cups are yum!

    Hugs,
    Katrina xx

    ReplyDelete